|Mayor of Chatham-Kent, Ontario|
2006 – November 30, 2018
|Preceded by||Diane Gagner|
|Succeeded by||Darrin Canniff|
|Preceded by||Maurice Bossy|
|Succeeded by||Jack Carroll|
|Born||1959 (age 61–62)|
Kent County, Ontario
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
Randy R. Hope (born c. 1959) is a politician in Ontario, Canada. He was the mayor of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, Ontario from 2006 to 2018. He also served as a New Democratic Party member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 1990 to 1995.
Hope was involved in the labour movement before entering political life. He served as a plant worker at Rockwell International, and was president of the Canadian Auto Workers Local 1941 in Tilbury, Ontario from 1985 to 1990. He also served as president of the Chatham and District Labour Council from 1988 to 1990, and was an area coordinator of the Coalition for Social Justice.
Hope was elected to the Ontario legislature in the 1990 provincial election. He defeated Maurice Bossy, the Liberal Party incumbent, by almost 4,000 votes in Chatham—Kent. The NDP won a majority government and Hope served as a parliamentary assistant to the Minister of Community and Social Services from 1990 to 1995. In March 1995, he announced a government grant of $2.9 million in Kent County. Hope also supported the domestic production of ethanol during his time in government.
In 2006, Hope was elected mayor of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, Ontario. He was re-elected in 2010. He was defeated in the 2018 municipal election, finishing a distant third behind one-term Ward 6 (Chatham) councillor, Darrin Canniff and newcomer Alysson Storey. He garnered 14% of the vote.
- "Rockwell workers support strike". The Windsor Star. April 18, 1988. p. A5.
- "Ontario election: Riding-by-riding voting results". The Globe and Mail. September 7, 1990. p. A12.
- Barrick, Frances (May 10, 1991). "16,000 in Ontario to remain jobless after recession, Chatham MPP says". Kitchener - Waterloo Record. p. B4.
- "Summary of Valid Ballots by Candidate". Elections Ontario. June 8, 1995. Archived from the original on March 6, 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Williamson, Doug (November 18, 2006). "Asian power firm wooed". The Windsor Star. p. A2.
- Terfloth, Trevor (October 27, 2010). "Hope wins second term". Chatham Daily News.